Frequently Asked Questions

Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)

How can an individual with autism or a related disability enroll with CARD to receive services?

Call the CARD office at (904) 633-0760 to inquire about CARD services. In order to be eligible for CARD services we must be provided with documentation of an individual's qualifying diagnosis or condition. If your child has not yet received a diagnosis or your are unsure about the child's diagnosis, call the Center and we may still be able to help.

What happens when I call CARD for services for my child?

When you contact CARD to inquire about services, some basic information will be taken from you regarding your child by an educational coordinator. An intake packet will be sent to you (or you will be given a password to access and print the packet from our website). This packet asks for developmental information, details of current functioning and concerns, consent forms, a copy of the child's diagnostic report. You will be asked to complete the packet and return it to CARD. Once this information is received and reviewed by CARD, you will be contacted by a CARD staff member. An initial interview with our psychological consultant will then be scheduled to determine the CARD services which may be of benefit to the child and family.

If I am an adult with a disability, can I still receive CARD services?

CARD serves adults as well as children with autism and related disabilities. If you are an adult interested in our services, call our office (904) 633-0760 regarding our services. We have assisted adults with developing job skills and learning skills for developing friendships.

Who can refer a person to CARD?

CARD takes referrals from parents, teachers, school staff, medical doctors and outside agencies. Permission from parents/guardians must be obtained before CARD can gather information about a child. Adults with an autism spectrum disorder or related disability may also self-refer.

How can I contact the CARD Center in Jacksonville?